Please contact me at MartinNoel@uOttawa.ca for more information on current opportunities.
Hasak, A. 2017-present. Sustainable concrete-filled FRP tubes for wind turbine towers in remote areas. Co-supervisor: Dr. M. Green.
Zahedi, A., 2017-present. Confinement effects on damage development caused by alkali-aggregate reaction. Primary supervisor: Dr. L. Sanchez.
Ismail, L., 2016-present. Shear behaviour of concrete beams affected by alkali-aggregate reaction. Co-supervisor: Dr. L. Sanchez.
Lacroix, F., 2018-present. TBD.
Khan, Z., 2018-present. Modelling seismic response of FRP-reinforced concrete moment frame structures. Co-supervisor: Dr. M. Saatcioglu.
Thériault, F., 2017-present. Effect of alkali-aggregate reaction on aggregate interlock shear mechanism. Co-supervisor: Dr. L. Sanchez.
Parvizi, M., 2016-present. Behaviour of FRP-reinforced sustainable concrete beams.
Hayles, M., 2018. Investigation into the mechanical properties and structural behaviour of recycled concrete members. Co-supervised with Dr. L. Sanchez. Current position: Structural Engineer at SHG Engineering.
Ahimoghadam, F., 2018. Effect of recycled concrete aggregate properties on the behaviour of new concrete. Co-supervised with Dr. L. Sanchez.
Roshan, A., 2017. Different approaches to model cover-cracking of RC structures due to corrosion. Co-supervised with Dr. B. Martin-Perez. Current position: Structural Engineer at rCon Engineering.
Undergraduate Student Supervision
I have supervised numerous undergraduate students and groups involved in the following programs:
- American Concrete Institute Ottawa Student Chapter
- Fourth year engineering Capstone design projects
- NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award
- NSERC CREATE Sustainable Engineering in Remote Areas
- University of Ottawa Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program
- University of Ottawa Co-op Program
- American Concrete Institute Student Design Competition – Egg Protection Device
- American Concrete Institute Student Design Competition – FRP Competition